2021 Summer Showcase FAQs & Policies
Updated: June 13, 2021
Corn Stock Theatre Policies
Thank you for reviewing our policies, updated 6/13/2021. Please note that policies and procedures are subject to change.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Health and Safety
- The health and safety of our patrons, artists, and staff is of utmost priority. Corn Stock Theatre will follow all measures required by the CDC, the State of Illinois, and our local government. As you plan your visit, please review our updated safety measures.
- Failure to follow these guidelines and/or directives of the staff could result in removal from the venue with no refund. Please note that these guidelines are subject to change and will be updated accordingly. Thank you in advance for working with us to ensure the safest possible experience.
When should I wear my mask?
- Corn Stock Theatre will be following the federal and state guidelines put in place by the CDC, which states:
- If you are fully vaccinated, you are not required to wear your mask.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you will be asked to wear your mask.
- When you are seated at your assigned seats, patrons may remove their masks.
- Please practice social distancing by keeping six feet between you and others not in your party.
- Please practice regular hand hygiene during your visit. Hand sanitizing and/or disinfectant wipes stations are provided throughout the venue.
- If you are not feeling well or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, have been exposed to anyone with the virus within the last 14 days, or have been advised to self-quarantine within the last 10 days, please delay your visit to a later time and contact us to discuss rescheduling options.
Should these policies change, Corn Stock Theatre will inform patrons in advance of affected performances. As part of Corn Stock’s efforts to keep patrons, staff, and performers safe, mask-wearing will be enforced. Anyone refusing to wear a mask, or wearing one improperly, will be asked to leave; refunds will not be given based on patron unwillingness to wear a mask.
- In addition to our standard cleaning process, we are increasing the cleaning and sanitizing frequency of all public spaces, including the tent seats, restrooms, door handles, counters, and all shared surfaces.
- We ask that all patrons, staff, volunteers, and actors frequently wash their hands and use the hand sanitizer.
Tickets and Seating
Coronavirus (COVID-19) promise
- By purchasing a ticket for Corn Stock Theatre, you are agreeing to abide by all rules and guidelines put in place for the health and safety of all who work and attend the performances. Failure to follow these guidelines and/or directives of the staff could result in removal from the venue with no refund.
General Information & Box Office Hours
- Each show will have productions on Thursday-Sunday nights starting at 7:30pm CST for three (3) consecutive weeks.
- The Box Office hours for the summer will be Monday-Friday 12pm to 4pm.
- General Ticket Sales will begin Monday, June 14th online, by calling the Box Office at 309-676-2196, or stopping by in person.
How will social distancing work in the theatre?
- Corn Stock Theatre will remain at 60% capacity. Theatre seating will also account for social distancing between parties.
- We have also added a few seats in the pit for additional seating that also are socially distanced. If you prefer to be in these seats, they can only be reserved by calling the Box Office and these are only in groups of 2.
- Group sizes will be 1, 2, 3 or 4.
- For your convenience, all ticket orders will be available for pick-up at the Box Office before the show.
- Seating will open 30 minutes before show time.
- We will not be mailing out tickets ahead of time.
- Our Box Office windows will be organized by last name for Pick Up (A-L and M-Z) and one window for walkups. You will need to show ID to pick up your tickets.
- If for any reason we must cancel performances due to COVID-19 changes, we will honor your commitment to us by offering a full array of ticket exchange and refund options.
- All sales are final. No refunds will be given.
- All exchanges are based on availability.
- All exchanges must occur before the performance has begun. Exchanges are not possible after a performance has begun.
- For the 2021 Summer Showcase, there are no additional charges for ticket exchanges.
- Shows and events begin on time. Please allow at least 15 minutes to park, collect tickets, and be seated in the theatre before the performance.
Inclement Weather Policy
- Due to the unpredictability of Central Illinois weather, we will not make an early cancelation decision prior to 5 p.m. on the day of a performance. At 5 p.m., we will post on our website and Facebook whether we will be canceling the show or moving forward with the performance as planned.
- In the case of rain during the performance, every effort will be made to complete the show, even through light showers. Should any performance be rained out before the first intermission, patrons have 2 business days to exchange their ticket(s) for another performance. If a performance is stopped after the first intermission, the evening will be considered complete and NO ticket exchanges will be made.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will there be concessions at Corn Stock this summer?
- Following health and safety recommendations, Corn Stock’s concession area will only have bottled water.
- Patrons are welcome to picnic on the lawn before performances as long as a minimum of 6 ft. of social distance from other parties is maintained.
- Due to safety guidelines, please be aware that public water fountains may not be available for use.
Will there be food vendors and wine/beer at Corn Stock this summer?
- Following health and safety recommendations, Corn Stock will not invite food vendors or Sky Harbor to be available before the shows.
- Patrons may not bring their own alcoholic beverages to performances.
What about Season Programs?
- To help Corn Stock reduce the number of physical paper copies we print for each production, the 2021 Showcase program will be available digitally with some physical copies available.
- Programs will be available on our website, sent via email in advance of the performance to patrons with emails, or via QR codes posted around the venue.
I donated to Corn Stock this year – what happens to my donor level benefits?
- Thank you so much for your gift(s). Donations made toward the 2020 season (beginning September 2019) will be added to your future donations to determine donor level benefits for the 2021 season. Your gift(s) will also be acknowledged in the 2021 Season Program.
I’m a season passholder, what do I do for tickets for this summer?
- Season pass holders received a physical postcard in the mail indicating early access to buy individual tickets for the 2021 Summer Showcase beginning June 1st. Individual tickets may be purchased online through the provided Early Access link or by calling the Box Office at 309-676-2196. We highly recommend buying tickets ahead of time.
I’m a season pass holder, what do I do with my season pass for Summer 2022?
- No season passes for the 2022 Summer Season will be on sale until Fall 2021. Once the Box Office is ready for patrons to renew their season passes for 2022, we will communicate via mail and email to let you know. We thank you for your patience.
I purchased/was gifted a 2020 gift certificate – what happens to its value?
- All gift certificates purchased with an expiration date falling in 2020 will be able to be redeemed for the same value and the expiration date has now been updated to 2022.
How can I help support Corn Stock Theatre?
- As a non-profit organization and community theatre with a rich tradition in Peoria’s history since 1954, we are so very grateful for your continued support. Patrons can support Corn Stock by donating through our website (https://www.cornstocktheatre.com/donate), by texting CSTDONATE to 44321 from your smartphone, or by mailing a check to 1700 N Park Rd, Peoria, IL 61604.
What if I have other questions?
- Corn Stock Theatre Staff is currently working from our Business Office to serve our patrons and to be available to answer any questions that you may have. You can contact the staff by calling 309-676-2196 or by emailing [email protected]. Business Hours are Monday-Friday from 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm. Face coverings are required for all visitors.
We can’t even begin to thank you enough for your patience and understanding as we continue to persevere and pick up the pieces left behind by the pandemic. Please bear with us as we strive to provide you with the best customer service possible!