CSK Back to Your Best: A Vocal & Monologue Audition Workshop
June 5, 2021 –
Back to Your Best: A Vocal & Monologue Audition Workshop
Corn Stock For Kids is offering a Back to Your Best: A Vocal & Monologue Workshop this summer! Whether you like singing or acting, or both, this workshop will be a great opportunity for you to show us what you got in front of a great line up of panelists who are involved with community theatre in the Peoria area. This workshop is for students ages 7 – 18.
The workshop will be held on Saturday, June 5, 2021 from 10:00 am – 12:30 pm at the Corn Stock Theatre Center, located at 1700 N Park Road, Peoria IL. Ages 7 – 18 accepted. The price per student is $10.00. If a student would like to participate in both auditions, please make two separate registrations for that one student. You may register at www.cornstocktheatre.coursestorm.com.
Once registered, your email confirmation will have a link to for you to sign up for your individual time slot during the day through SignUp Genius. Each audition slot, whether it is a vocal audition or monologue audition, will be allotted 15 minutes, to allow proper sanitizing and to maintain distancing between students.
For the Vocal Audition Segment:
Please memorize your piece and make sure to bring in a copy of your music for the accompanist, which is provided or bring a pre-recorded track on a phone to play through a wireless speaker. You will perform for our panel like it is a real audition. You will be given feedback on song choice, ideas on how to cut down songs that may be a tad too long, and tips to improve the way you present yourself with that piece. Your accompanist will be Molly Sloter.
For the Monologue Audition Segment:
Please have your monologue memorized and keep it under 3 minutes. You will perform for our panel like it is a real audition. You will be given feedback on your monologue choice, ideas on how to cut down pieces that may be a tad too long, and tips to improve the way you present yourself with that piece.
Following the CDC and Peoria County Health Department Guidelines, below is a list of COVID-19 Protocols that will be in place for this workshop to keep the students, panelists, volunteers, and community safe.
- Masks must be properly worn (over the mouth and nose) for all students, parents, accompanist, panelists, volunteers, and staff. Students may choose to remove their mask during their audition, but must put it back on after performing for the panelists. Extra medical masks will be available for those who may forget theirs.
- The workshop, weather permitting, will take place outside next to the Theatre Center. We will ensure proper social distancing between the student auditioning and the panelists. If students arrive prior to their audition time, we will ask them to wait in the Lobby of the Theatre Center and maintain social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for participants as well as access to bathrooms for handwashing.
- Temperature checks will occur when students arrive.
- Cleaning/sanitizing precautions will take place between each student audition.
- If parents/guardians would like to wait for their student to complete the audition, we ask that you remain in your car and park out in the road.
MEET THE PANELISTS:
Alison Meuth: Alison Meuth is a voice teacher and musical director living in Peoria. Alison had a fifteen year professional opera career. She also spent time doing musical theater as well. Some of her favorite roles have been The title role in Tosca, Madam Butterfly, Santuzza in Cavalleria Rusticana, Liu in Turandot, The Countess in The Marriage of Figaro and Donna Elvira in Don Giovanni. Alison has been a soloist with several choirs and orchestras across the country. She spends most of her time now teaching voice and working as music director at United Presbyterian Church.
Kathy McCormick: Kathy McCormick has been performing in local community theater musical productions for over thirty years. She has played many memorable roles, but some of her favorites include Maria in The Sound of Music, Rosie in Mamma Mia!, Nellie Forbush in South Pacific, and Christine Daae in Phantom. She also has directed six musicals and over fifteen plays at Metamora High School, where she works as an English teacher.