Summer 2021 Employment
Corn Stock Theatre is currently hiring for the seasonal positions below. To apply, please email your resume and shift preference to our staff at [email protected]. No phone calls, please.
Current Open Positions (click on the job title to jump to the job description):
MAINTENANCE & SECURITY ASSOCIATE – Part-Time
Definition of the Position:
The major purpose of this job, even though there are others, shall be to oversee and monitor the cleanliness and security of the Tent and its surrounding structures. This position is under the direct supervision of the Theatre Staff and is subject to review of the Theatre Staff at least one month prior to the expiration of the contract. This position is seasonal.
Areas of Responsibility:
Grounds and Maintenance:
- Maintain overall appearance of entire theatre grounds to the highest standards, including buildings, landscaping, and physical assets.
- Maintain cleanliness of the grounds at all times.
- Assist in maintaining the physical properties of the Theatre Center.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the Theatre Center.
- Replenish all cleaning supplies at the Tent at all times for use by volunteers.
- Maintain cleanliness of office and cast/crew areas at all times.
- Maintain all theatre assets in good repair.
- Maintain all physical properties to required legal code.
- Clean and restock patron restrooms.
- Verify placement of patron chairs using Tent diagram and fix any chairs out of sequence.
- Water plants and vegetation on theatre grounds.
- Monitor perimeter of grounds.
- Lock and secure all spaces within the theatre and its grounds when not in use.
- Monitor weather conditions and ready the Tent and its grounds for inclement weather, when needed.
- Report any potential security breaches or safety hazards to Theatre Staff.
- Carry the panic button with you at all times. Trigger silent notification to Police, if needed.
- Adhere to CST’s Code of Conduct.
- Represent CST in a positive manner with volunteers, other employees, and patrons.
- Adhere to CST dress code at all time when patrons are present.
- Assist in show-related tasks, when needed such as painting a basecoat on the stage floor or set piece, or other production related tasks as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Theatre Staff and/or Shop Foreman.
There are 3 shifts available:
- 1st Shift Weekends – Saturdays and Sundays from 7:00am – 3:00pm
- 3rd Shift Weekdays – Sundays through Thursdays from 11:00pm – 7:00am
- 3rd Shift Weekends – Fridays and Saturdays from 11:00pm – 7:00am
Start date is anticipated to be on or around June 21, 2021.