- Absolutely no photography or video recording. This includes professional cameras and cell phones. All shows have strict copyright laws, publishing houses may fine you for taking unlicensed photos and videos.
- Please turn off all communication devices. Cell phones may interfere with the sound system and assisted listening device system. Not to mention they are distracting to the actors and other patrons.
- Corn Stock is a smoke-free facility.
- Notifications will be placed in the program if fog machines or strobe lights are used during a performance.
- Late seating is at the discretion of the Theatre Management. You may be asked to wait for an appropriate time to be seated so as not to disrupt the performance. Your seats may be reassigned to patrons on a standby list unless you notify the Box Office of your late arrival.
What should I wear?
Corn Stock is a “come as you are” theatre. Feel free to wear a three-piece suit or just shorts and a tank top. Remember, you’ll be under a tent in the middle of summer. Dress comfortably! The only real requirement is that you must wear shoes. And maybe don’t wear a really large hat that could block other patron’s views.
Can I react to the performance?
Yes, please! Theatre is a communal experience. If something is funny, laugh! If something is surprising or scary, gasp! Don’t be afraid to feel your feelings.
Will there be food options?
Of course! Check out all of the delicious options on the Concessions Page. Outside food is not permitted.
What happens if there's bad weather?
We perform rain or shine. However, if there is a thunderstorm, we typically pause the performance until the storm passes or quiets down. In the event of more severe weather, the Theatre Management will make an action plan.
Are children allowed to attend?
Our 2022 summer season features 5 family-friendly shows. Due to fire code, a seat must be purchased for anyone entering the theatre – regardless of age. All shows during the summer begin at 7:30pm, some children may not be able to stay awake for the entirety of the show.
Can I bring a service animal?
If you require a service animal, please call our Box Office at 309-676-2196 or email us at email@example.com ahead of the night you have tickets for to allow the Staff to make appropriate accommodations.