Definition of Position:
This position reports to and supports the Theatre Manager. The Box Office Manager/ Bookkeeper is responsible for all ticket sales and financial record keeping for the organization. Variable hours are required, depending on the schedule of
productions. Evening and weekend hours are required.
Areas of Responsibility:
Accounting & Finance:
- Maintains a system of tracking expenditures, revenues, and other financial transactions.
- Maintains bank accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions and conducting monthly bank account reconciliation.
- Responsible for accounts payable.
- Assists the Board Treasurer in preparing monthly financial reports for the Board of Directors by collecting and entering information into the financial system.
- Calculates variance from budget and advises Theatre Manager of any
- Communicates regularly with the Theatre Manager, Treasurer, and
Accountant regarding financial issues.
- Manages petty cash transactions and reimbursements from petty cash.
- Bills and collects appropriate rental charges for outsiders’ use of Corn Stock spaces, equipment, or costumes that have been approved by the appropriate committee chair or the Theatre Manager.
- Maintains database of charitable contributions.
- Maintains CST member, Season ticket holder, cash ticket purchasers, and prospect data base.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to the Theatre Manager,
volunteers, and Board of Directors as appropriate.
- Develops secure procedures for handling, accounting for, depositing, and
- Trains, schedules, and supervises summer season box office paid staff and volunteers.
- Manages and submits payroll.
- Acts as a purchasing agent to acquire supplies and equipment needed for the administration of the office and for the operation of the theatre, as authorized by the Theatre Manager.
- Reviews and disburses purchase orders as requested for production needs.
- With approval of the Theatre Manager, processes checks for reimbursement requests.
Ticket Sales / Box Office:
- Provides operational management and supervision of the box office for all CST productions.
- Oversees ticketing system for all productions and events of the Theatre, including setting up the productions and season passes in the system.
- Oversees notification of season pass renewals to patrons and delivery/pick
up of purchased tickets prior to the start of the season.
- Provides the highest standard of service and responsiveness to Corn Stock patrons and volunteers, including excellent phone and communication skills.
- Accounts for all summer and winter season pass sales and CSK ticket sales.
- Records box office cash receipts and makes deposits.
- Helps coordinate information for each show program in a timely fashion.
- Assists Theatre Manager in the hiring and supervising of the part-time summer staff.
- Helps with marketing aspects of each show and event.